Besides a toolbox (IO1), the project team designed a guideline to use the toolbox in teaching practices (IO2).
The guideline answers the question: ‘What do you need as a teacher to stimulate growth mindsets in students in urban education (in order to foster success at school)?’.
More concretely, the guideline contains:
- Theoretical background on the Growth Mindset approach
- Insight in the functioning of the brain
- An introductory session for students (lesson plan)
- Background on the GRIT toolbox
- Links to other interesting educational materials related to Growth Mindset
The guidelines of the toolbox and the Powerpoint presentation you can use to teach students about growth mindset are available in English, French, Dutch, Polish and Portuguese.